?Who is a good language teacher
A great teacher is one who creates a classroom environment that makes their students
2) Want to 'explore' ('investigate')
3) Allows them to 'discover'.
A few suggestions for how to be a good teacher are:
1) Patience - sometimes the student is not receptive or tired or not catching on quickly, hard to be patient, so have to dig deep and find the patience somewhere to get his/her attention back and go more slowly.
2) Creativity – Teachers should not follow a schedule strictly. Sometimes, during the lesson, it is good to think of something from the work to do and create an exercise to get that point across.
3) Keep the lesson interesting and try to use the students' hobbies etc. in the lesson – It is better for every teacher relates the lesson to something the student understands and is excited about, he/she is more receptive and stays focused.
4) Reward and Praise - with younger students, rewarding is important. If they feel that they are getting somewhere and that the teacher is happy with their progress, they will be much more keen on keeping their attention on the lesson. For adults, just praise when they do a good job of an exercise, even adults like praise! Never get cross when they do something wrong, just point out and guide, but when they do an excellent piece of work, praise and encourage.
5) A loud voice
7) Knowledge of subjects
8) Loads of love
9) Knowledge of students - their learning needs, problems and preferences
10) Good sense of humor
11) Strong belief in the inherent potential of each student